This issue is only related to ProVOTE Classic
Sample ProVOTE Classic USB "brick" base:
Sample ProVOTE Classic USB "stick" base:
Among the most likely reasons the USB receiver (base) is not working is that it is not recognized by your system. Here's how it works:
- When you connect it, the base first needs to be detected by the Windows operating system (OS)
- Then the OS will install the drivers for what's called a "USB Serial Port"
- This step could be preceded by installing a "USB Serial Converter"
- After that, EZ-VOTE needs to detect the base, which it does automatically when you launch the software, or when you click on Base Settings
If somewhere along these steps something goes wrong, your base is not going to work. Your best bet is to leave it to the IT department, since one of the most probable reasons why you couldn't install the drivers is that your user account doesn't have the required privileges.
Let's start the troubleshooting. Check if the base is correctly recognized by the Windows OS:
- Right-click on the My Computer/Computer icon and select "Manage". Alternatively, in Windows 10, click on Start, then start typing "computer" and you should see This PC as one of the top search results. Right-click on the icon and select "Manage" from the list:
- Then select the Device Manager on the left side and expand the Ports category on the right. There should be an item called "USB Serial Port" there:
If it's missing, look for it in "Other Devices" category. It may have a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
You should be able to to right-click on it and select "Update Driver Software", but you need to be an Admin to be able to do that.
Guide the wizard to the location where the drivers you've downloaded from our website (www.meridiaars.com/drivers) are.
After a successful installation, you should see the Wizard, or the pop-up window confirm that the drivers have been installed:
It is a good idea to plug the base into ALL available USB ports while you're at it - this way the system won't have to install the drivers (and delay your pre-event preparation) when you change the USB port.
Did this article solve your issues? Please leave us feedback below.