If you think that your keypads are not communicating (not working/voting), please refer to this article.
First of all, always start with going to the Get Feedback/EZ-VOTE toolbar and check Base Settings. If you see the receiver listed in the window (with a COM number and BaseID assigned to it) - that's a good thing. Close the window and try running your slide deck in Presentation Mode again.
Otherwise, if your suspicion is that the base (receiver) is the one with a problem, here are the main reasons why that might be the case.
- Office needs to be repaired
- Don't worry this sounds way worse than it is.
- Solution: Repair it in "Programs and Features" (Windows 7), or in "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows 10) control panel: Click here for more information.
- Receiver may not be connected (suspicion of a hardware-related problem)
- Problem: Base was physically disconnected or the USB cable is damaged
- Solution: Disconnect the base and plug it into a new USB port. Click here for more information.
- Votes from the previous polling session have not been cleared
- Problem: You didn't Clear Responses from the polling slides.
- Solution: Perform a Clear Responses procedure. Click here to learn more.
- Input Source setting is set to Simulated Data
- Problem: Base is not the current input device
- Solution: Change the software settings. Click here for more information.
- Participant List is invalid or shouldn't be loaded
- Problem: If your presentation uses a Participant List, ONLY keypads in it will work
- Solution: Delete or Edit the Participant List. Click here for more information.
- Receiver driver is not recognized in Windows Device Manager as USB Serial Port
- Problem: The driver software couldn't be installed.
- Solution: Re-install the device driver software. Click here for more information.
- Receiver may not be recognized, is disabled, or has incorrect ID
- Problem: Receiver may not be 'matched' to the keypads, or is disabled.
- Solution: Change the base ID. Click here for more information.
- Another COM device interferes with Meridia USB receiver
- Problem: Another device (using serial port) is interfering with the base.
- Solution: Disable, uninstall the conflicting hardware. Click here to learn more.
- Receiver is working, but keypads are not programmed to the same ID
- Problem: Keypads are not 'matched' to the base.
- Solution: Change the keypad ID. Click here to learn more.
- Some polling groups have been disabled
Problem: Your keypad numbers (e.g. 1-100) are disabled in the Advanced Base Settings.
- Solution: Enable ALL polling groups. Click here for more information.
- USB receiver may be faulty
- Problem: The LED connectivity indicator light does not turn on.
- Solution: Connect to another USB port and/or another computer. Click here for more information.
- Computer's USB ports are USB 3.0 ports
- Problem: The Port you plugged the base into is labeled SS, or SuperSpeed
- Solution: Use Ports that are labeled USB 2.0 Click here for more information
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article