If you think that your keypads are not communicating (not working/voting), please refer to this article.
First of all, always start with going to the Get Feedback/EZ-VOTE toolbar and check Base Settings. If you see the receiver listed in the window (with a COM number and BaseID assigned to it) - that's a good thing. Close the window and try running your slide deck in Presentation Mode again.
Otherwise, if your suspicion is that the base (receiver) is the one with a problem, here are the main reasons why that might be the case.
- Office needs to be repaired
- Don't worry this sounds way worse than it is.
- Solution: Repair it in "Programs and Features" (Windows 7), or in "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows 10) control panel: Click here for more information.
- Receiver may not be connected (suspicion of a hardware-related problem)
- Problem: Base was physically disconnected or the USB cable is damaged
- Solution: Disconnect the base and plug it into a new USB port. Click here for more information.
- Votes from the previous polling session have not been cleared
- Problem: You didn't Clear Responses from the polling slides.
- Solution: Perform a Clear Responses procedure. Click here to learn more.
- Input Source setting is set to Simulated Data
- Problem: Base is not the current input device
- Solution: Change the software settings. Click here for more information.
- Participant List is invalid or shouldn't be loaded
- Problem: If your presentation uses a Participant List, ONLY keypads in it will work
- Solution: Delete or Edit the Participant List. Click here for more information.
- Receiver driver is not recognized in Windows Device Manager as USB Serial Port
- Problem: The driver software couldn't be installed.
- Solution: Re-install the device driver software. Click here for more information.
- Receiver may not be recognized, is disabled, or has incorrect ID
- Problem: Receiver may not be 'matched' to the keypads, or is disabled.
- Solution: Change the base ID. Click here for more information.
- Another COM device interferes with Meridia USB receiver
- Problem: Another device (using serial port) is interfering with the base.
- Solution: Disable, uninstall the conflicting hardware. Click here to learn more.
- Receiver is working, but keypads are not programmed to the same ID
- Problem: Keypads are not 'matched' to the base.
- Solution: Change the keypad ID. Click here to learn more.
- Some polling groups have been disabled
Problem: Your keypad numbers (e.g. 1-100) are disabled in the Advanced Base Settings.
- Solution: Enable ALL polling groups. Click here for more information.
- USB receiver may be faulty
- Problem: The LED connectivity indicator light does not turn on.
- Solution: Connect to another USB port and/or another computer. Click here for more information.
- Computer's USB ports are USB 3.0 ports
- Problem: The Port you plugged the base into is labeled SS, or SuperSpeed
- Solution: Use Ports that are labeled USB 2.0 Click here for more information